I made this necklace as a present for my mum. This is still before my proper pliers arrived, so I had to be very careful. I was also using a slim knitting needle to bend the wire round for some of the loops. Round nose pliers are a godsend!
I got to this point in the process and was thinking “…you know, this would have looked better with tarnished bronze-coloured wire. And that centre pendant is All Wrong and should probably have been all one piece” when I completely distracted myself by that scan. Following a tip from elsewhere that putting your jewellery directly on a scanner can sometimes work really well (and sometimes not at all), I had a go. It looks amazing! (This was the first thing I scanned – I went back and did some of the other pieces later). Sadly, I can’t scan at the moment – more on that eventually.
Turquoise pear-shaped beads, jasper rectangles, amber seed beads, and silver-plated wire.
Here’s the finished necklace and the fastening – I made a hook and eye again.
(Hmm, rechecking my supplies list, those are actually brown serpentine rectangles. But this necklace is firmly fixed in my head as being “turquoise and jasper”. This is before I started naming them, so that’s its name ;p).