[July 24 – 31]
I was on holiday at this point, staying in Scotland with my boyfriend’s parents. I took some supplies with me and did some chain maille while I was there.
I made two JPL chains in copper (actually mostly remade – it’s much easier when you make them spiralling the right way. By default I always start the wrong way…). I also made little tester pieces of a number of other weaves.
Clockwise from left:
The brass one is roundmaille, which is made by taking a piece of Euro 4-in-1 and stitching it up into a tube. I like it, it’s fun to play with and reminds me of a fat caterpillar. Or a sandworm.
The red anodised aluminium one is a short bit of double spiral half-byzantine+1. Rather floppy in this size.
The red and black anodised aluminium is full persian. I was a bit disappointed – I don’t like it nearly as much as half-persian. It might make a decent pendant, but I don’t like it as a chain.
The bottom (also in red and black anodised aluminium) is Cloud Cover. You make it in units and just join them together – making and joining the units in the other direction makes Four Winds.
In the centre is some little tiny Euro 4-in-1 in bright aluminium. Nice and slinky.