[Aug 1 – 8]
August’s colour of the month was 060 cobalt, and the theme of the month was Flower Power.
Here are two sangre rounds rolled in pearl mica, a lentil made of my attempt to make honey crunch (amber/topaz over ivory) over clear. And a lentil made of Vetrofond odd light red jasper.
Gravity swirl beads: lilac, white and ink blue, 1 lentil, 2 rounds.
This was my mystery this week. I was sold the below as EDP, and thought it was because it behaved more or less as expected with periwinkle or dragonscale beads. I got the beads below out of it and boggled because they’re transparent – I’d just wound them on, kept them hot to avoid devit and straight into the kiln. Now, it turns out there was a mix-up at the vendor – they’d ordered both EDP and striped pink, only got one unlabelled and thought it was EDP. (Striped pink is EDP with a core of rubino). I still don’t know why my beads are transparent – Julie of Lush Lampwork did a lovely colour test of striped pink alongside EDP and sedona and hers comes out opaque purple…
Here’s two rounds, the rods, and a stringer I pulled.
Gravity swirl beads: pale emerald, white and CiM sherwood, 3 lentils.
A big hole bead in dark turquoise and ivory.
A BHB in Reichenbach multicolour dark (over black) with melted in clear dots.
Magdalena Ruiz multitool beads, made with the smallest cavity, in CiM poison apple. On the end is a nugget in amethyst and BeadySam’s gem surprise frit (was also encased in amethyst).
BHB in cobalt and white.
Two beads with cobalt: one is a cobalt base with light pink and mid purple, the other is a light pink base with cobalt dots.
BHB in cobalt, copper green and opal yellow. The copper green reduced in the kiln, so I soaked it in grime&lime to remove that and it came out a bit odd…