These are so very much not colours that I’d normally wear, but I thought I’d go ahead and see if they grew on me.
These were the marble pattern made from the Models Own colours – Luis Lemon, Pukka Purple and Dinky Pinky. I prefer the yellow when it isn’t on top of the blue, because of course it picks up a green tinge then.
My favourite is absolutely my pinky nail. I like the colours there and the accidental little heart!
I put the decals on over a base colour of the yellow and then Seche Vite topcoat. This decals was rather thick in places, which causes problems at the base of the nail particularly as you get a very noticeable ridge there and this is where any catching of the polish will happen. This is also why my pinkies were my favourites, as they came from a thinner section. I had to rescue a couple of these and reattach them (and of course, adding a second topcoat makes the problem worse). They lasted 6 days before I took them all off, which isn’t bad. These decals were again made on the 30th Dec, and put on on the 19th Jan. It *was* getting brittle by this point. I ended up with quite a few little broken off pieces, which you can use as a confetti decoration placing just a couple over a base colour – it looks a little different that way.
I did try going round the edges with acetone to melt them down slightly, but that’s a mistake when the backing isn’t clear because the purple especially gets smeared out and muddy along the edges if you do that. Never mind!
I took all the rest of my decals off their backing sheets when I was getting these ready. I got a surprise as the very first one I made, with greens and metallic brown, came straight off the greaseproof paper no problem! The rest were more finicky and more brittle. (They’ve all been together in a ziplock bag). It had the Collection 2000 clear down first, which none of the others did, and then W7 spearmint. So something in that combo made it very easy to remove – possibly just leaving it so long, as the clear was very hard to remove earlier on its own.