I had been going to write something about these a while ago, but time moves on… These are all Scrapstore fabrics.
Anyway, I had made two goes of patchwork bags. In the first I had the edges just laid over each other and zigzagged over them all, front and back (uses a lot of thread that way!). The second I cut out squares from an upholstery sampler and straight-stitched them together with the seams inside. Not perfectly lined up.
I made a pair of bags in fabric with a car pattern, one red and one blue.
I made the red bag in a different way: the inside and outside made separately, then put together so the top is what you have to sew up rather than leaving a hole in the side for turning. It means the inside seams are all hidden, but that you have a topstitched rim. Not entirely convinced – I like the very clean join at the top of the inside-out way.
I made an alphabet bag and a flowery bag.
I sewed on a pair of pretty wooden butterfly buttons to go with the flowers.